Thursday, September 23, 2010

Hello Amely!

Amely
Hello World
September 14, 2010




If I had to describe Amely's new album Hello World in one word, it would be breath-taking. This album from song number one to song number eight delivers constant satisfaction. The album features two songs from their first EP release last year, On My Own, and another six brand new amazing songs. Upon listening I noticed that Amely really kept the same style as they did when they released On My Own, which is a good thing because I immediately liked the band when I first heard them. To be frank, I don't like it much when you become a fan of a good band and in the middle of their career they decide to do a 180, in a way that doesn't sit well with your ears.

I'd have to say the biggest eyebrow raiser for me was the song "All You Need", it really just had a perfect blend of guitar riffs, nice vocals, and one hell of a catchy chorus. Honestly, the first time I heard the song, I played it about five more times, and then had the song stuck in my head for the rest of the day. Another favorite of mine is "I'd Rather Be Alone" which is actually a returning song from their first EP. That song has one hell of an amazing chorus, and really shows the diversity of Pete Pizarro's voice.

Check out Amely if you are a fan of pop/punk or pop/rock, or just feel like expanding your musical tastes. These guys are definitely a band to watch out for, especially since they have only been a band for about a year and a half. Since playing their first show in March, they have managed to go on several huge tours, get a record label with Fearless, and make a smashing hit on the music scene. They can be found on Myspace here . Feel free to leave comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment