Monday, October 18, 2010

The Bigger Picture

The Bigger Lights
The Bigger Lights
March 30, 2010


The first time I ever heard The Bigger Lights I found myself tapping my foot without even realizing it. Yes, their songs are that catchy. The five-piece rock/pop group formed in 2007 and were signed to Doghouse Records in 2008. The Bigger Lights has released two EP's and their first full length album, self-titled, The Bigger Lights. All of this in roughly three years. There's a reason the band was only together less than a year and were signed by Doghouse Records. The reason being, they know how to produce an entire album's worth of songs, and make every one of them catchy and memorable.

The album starts off with one of the best songs on the album, "That Kind Of Girl". The song is simple and tells a story about that special kind of girl. It also is composed of one the most catchy choruses I've ever heard, not to mention badass guitar & bass riffs throughout the whole song. The other song I want to mention is "What About Us". I know I keep using the word catchy, but that is exactly how I would describe this band. Catchy. They just know how to write songs that like to stick in your head for the rest of the day.

If you are a fan of bands like All Time Low, Artist Vs. Poet, or The Summer Set then definitely check these guys out. I even went as far as sharing this album with a friend of mine, and he loved it. His favorite band is Pantera, so that really says something about these guys. You can check them out on PureVolume here and listen to their Fiction Fever EP and part of The Bigger Lights album. Make sure to show them some love on Facebook too. Feel free to comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment