Sunday, October 3, 2010

September's Unsigned Band of the Month: Sound of the Stereo

"Damn, this is impressive" were the first words that came out of my mouth after hearing Marshall Traver in the solo project, Sound of the Stereo. Addictive beats, perfect rhythms, catchy lyrics, and killer vocals make up Sound of the Stereo (not to mention the just shy of 80,000 plays he has on Myspace, and his many fans despite only being on myspace less than two months). The pop/electronica sound is something unique, and this kid has one hell of a voice! I got a chance to talk with Marshall Traver, so he could share some things about himself and his music.

I asked Marshall to tell me a little bit about himself and the music he plays, and this is what he told me...

"I'm Marshall Traver! I'm 16 years old and I was born and raised in Toledo, Ohio. I started Sound Of  The Stereo In June of 2010 because I realized doing music by myself was less stressful then doing it with a band. I play music out of pure passion for it. I like to make music that helps you escape from reality. Ever since I was really little that's been my favorite kind of music. You know, the kind of music you can put on when you're sad and feel happy for that whole 3 and a half minutes? That's my first goal with music. I like to make fun, upbeat music, too. I want to be able to trigger an emotion in listener's with my music. Whether is be happy, sad, fun, mad, love, hate or even if you hate my music. It's all an emotion. I currently have my two released songs streaming on my Myspace and PureVolume page. I'm also the 9th most downloaded song on all of Purevolume :) I hope you can take the time to check me out! <3"


In regards to what he says, he is definitely meaningful with his music. Despite only having two songs on his Myspace and PureVolume pages, he has a ton of people already hooked. If you really listen to his lyrics too, you can tell they truly do come from pure passion, probably some of it even comes from real life experiences. 


Next I asked Marshall to tell me a bit about his dreams and goals with this band. I also asked him to share some inspirations of his, and this is what he had to share with us...


"I guess my main goal and dream with this band is to make pop music that people can relate to. Not only that, but I never want to have to worry about living my life paycheck to paycheck. I have a talent and potential to do something amazing and I would hate to die knowing that it didn't happen when it could have. This is what I feel I was born to do. I love music and I hope that I can do this for the rest of my life. I started off listening to bands like Blink 182, Fall Out Boy and New Found Glory. Then as time went on it evolved to bands like All Time Low, Boys Like Girls and The Maine. Now that I'm older and understand the concept of music, I'll listen to anything. I find influence from any artist making something of themselves whether it be Lady Gaga, The Ready Set, Sleeping With Sirens or A Day To Remember. I dig it all! :)"


There you have it, that's Sound of the Stereo in a nutshell! Marshall asked me personally to invite anyone and everyone that reads this to any number of his websites. They are listed below, but if you aren't into following people on Twitter, or reading on Facebook or Myspace, at the very minimum I encourage you to check out his PureVolume page. You can check out both his songs on there and even download his hit song "Tell Me You Need Me" for free! Check it out, and feel free to comment!


PureVolume
Twitter
Myspace
Facebook
Tumblr

3 comments:

  1. Marshall is outstanding. His music is addictive and I can't wait till his CD is out...cause I'm gonna get one. It plays in my head for days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, he does! He has crazy talent, and if he truly decides he wants to make something of it, he definitely can. This is exactly why I decided to feature him! Thanks for taking an interest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm the new bass player for Sound of the Stereo. We are still going strong. A follow up would be awesome :)

    ReplyDelete